Monday, August 3, 2009

Life is Changing

I just want to say that my mom is the most wonderful lady in the world. She is a super strong woman of God. I am so lucky to have her as my mother. She has always been the glue that sticks our family together. She makes all the holidays so special and makes us feel like kings and queens on our birthdays. She loves me and my brothers more than anything in the world and this is very apparent in the way that she lives her life. She has taught me so much about how to live, laugh, and love. She has been so patient with me and has spent more hours on the phone with me that I can not even begin to count. Our morning chats on my way to school have become such treasured time for me. I LOVE that time of my day. Calling and telling her about my day and now that little Georgia Kate is here we talk about her day most of the time. I love to call her and let her know what GKS has done during the day. Sometimes it is something exciting like eating baby food for the first time, or laughing out loud for the first time, or even when she screams all day long I always want to tell my mom what happened. She always listens, laughs, and offers advice when I need it and even sometimes when I don't want to hear it. I LOVE my mom and hope that I can be half the mom that she has been.
I say all this because I want everyone to know how wonderful my mom is. Her life is changing so much. She has put my grandmother that we have lived with for several years now in an assisted living. This was a difficult thing for her to do, but we all know that it is the best place for my precious Gr'Nana. I know that she misses her terribly. And...next week she will really begin a new phase of her life. She will be taking my precious little brother off to college. Ryan and I both stayed at Louisiana Tech, but Ross will be headed to Baton Rouge on Wednesday. Say a special prayer for her. It is such an exciting time for Ross, but I know that my mom is going to struggle saying goodbye. Ross has been our light, he has kept us all young, he has pulled us together, and I am proud to say that he has taught us so much about life and how to deal with difficult circumstances. I am so proud of him and the Man that he has become. I give all the credit to my Mom and Danny for the hard work that they have done raising their children. Hats off to them for having a christian home and teaching us so much about life.
Mom...I know your life is changing and this is going to be a difficult transition, but hey! God is good! I love you and I am proud to call you my mom!

No comments: